Monday 3 March 2014

Muffin cup Monday-The Hungry Caterpillar

For this months Muffin Cup Monday,
I decided to do a Hungry Caterpillar dessert tray.


I used my bright red silicone muffin tray 
and filled it with fruit that the Hungry Caterpillar had eaten during the week:
Monday - apple slices
Tuesday - Pear pieces
Wednesday - plums
Thursday - strawberries
Friday - orange slices
Saturday - a Lollipop

In the story, the hungry caterpillar ate lots of different things on Saturday.
I chose the lollipop because I was trying to create a dessert tray filled with sweet treats.

Also, I didn't have the time to bake a chocolate cake or cherry pie
... so a lollipop it was!






I found these cute free printables on Pinterest
(will give full website and proper credit as soon as I find that site again!)
which I coloured in.
 I stuck a toothpick onto the back of each picture and used them as tags.

My Butterballs loved their Hungry Caterpillar Dessert tray!

I was so proud of my Butterballs.
They ate every morsel of fruit and didn't even bother about the lollipop.
I'm so glad that they love fruit more than sweets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment