Thursday 20 February 2014

Rainbow Cookie Push Pops



I saw this cute idea on mydecoratedcookie and just had to try it.
I have never served cookies in my push pop containers before
 so I was a bit concerned-
I needed to get the cookies to be just the right size to fit comfortably into the push pop container.
I decided to try a different sugar cookie recipe,
 this recipe had only half a teaspoon of baking powder
so the cookies didn't spread very much.
 Perfect!


Within a few hours the delicious smelling cookies were ready to be iced.
I lined up the different food coloring bottles on the kitchen counter 
and the Butterballs began singing the Rainbow Song.

"Hey mom! The red, orange, indigo and violet bottles a missing!" said a very miffed Tamlyn.
Sorry, Butterballs, Mama ran out of red food coloring after Valentines Day 
and as for the other colors...
we will just have to improvise.
And so we iced our not-really-rainbow-colored cookies.

Despite the color-issues, the cookies looked cute and tasted delicious.
They didn't last very long!!


Reminder to self: Buy more food coloring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment